“Duncan Solicitors look for ways to make legal services more valuable to clients. Duncan Solicitors give clients more than they pay for.”
Duncan Solicitors keep it simple. Here is our check list to selling a property.
Stage 1: Prior to contract execution /signing (prior to “exchange”/ “unconditional”)
We will :
- Review or prepare your Contract on your behalf prior to execution.
- Draft or proof any documents required.
- Be available to provide any advice or guidance required in relation to the contract.
- Assist your Real Estate Agent in finalising the contract.
Stage 2: After contract execution and the documents are exchanged
- Keep you informed of critical event updates when appropriate
- Be available to answer any questions you may have during this time
- Provide you with full details on all aspects of the sale that you need to be aware of. You will receive a communication of every step along the way.
- Carry out a title search for the property
- Provide you with full details on all aspects of the sale you need to be aware of, including items you need to confirm, complete with dates
- Confirm all items included in the sale of the property.
- Arrange settlement details with the buyers Conveyancer/Solicitor
- Advise you of settlement time and location details of settlement once confirmed
You will be required to:
- Read the correspondence that we prepare for you. It is specifically tailored to your contract and will help you understand the process.
- Complete the necessary instructions and other relevant paperwork we send to you and return to our office at your earliest convenience.
- Deliver all keys/remotes etc to the agent – or discuss with conveyancer/solicitor where they will be made available.
Stage 3: Settlement
We will :
- Discuss settlement figures with you
- Attend the settlement meeting on your behalf or arrange a settlement agent if settlement is outside of the Gold Coast area.
- Personally advise you when settlement has occurred.
- Transfer sale proceeds to your nominated account.
- Officially confirm settlement in writing together with all relevant paperwork.
You will already have:
Arranged removals, disconnection and reconnection of utilities and change your address where appropriate.