“Duncan Solicitors do what they say they will do, and get it done when they say they will.”
Duncan Solicitors keep it simple. Here is our Homebuyer’s check list
Stage 1: Prior to contract execution/signing (prior to “exchange” or “unconditional”)
We will :
- Review your Contract on your behalf prior to execution.
- Draft or proof any documents required.
- Be available to provide any advice or guidance required in relation to the contract.
- Offer advice on First Home Owners Grant and apply on your behalf.
- Assist your Real Estate Agent in finalising the contract.
Stage 2: After contract execution and the documents are exchanged or unconditional.
We will :
- Keep you informed of critical event updates when appropriate
- Be available to answer any questions you may have during this time
- Provide you with full details on all aspects of the purchase that you need to be aware of. You will receive a communication of every step along the way.
- Carry out all standard searches for the property.
- Advise you of any additional searches that are appropriate to your property.
- Arrange building and pest inspection reports for your property (optional)
- Pre-settlement inspection of the property (optional)
- Calculate stamp duty and arrange for payment.
- Reconcile pro rata costs such as Council fees.(as per Government requirements)
- Confirm all items included in the sale of the property contract.
- Arrange settlement details with the seller’s Conveyancer/Solicitor
- Advise you of settlement time and location details of settlement once confirmed
You will be required to:
- Read the correspondence that we prepare for you. It is specifically tailored to your contract and will help you understand the process.
- Complete the necessary instructions and other relevant paperwork we send to you and return to our office at your earliest convenience.
- Advise us if you require us to conduct any additional and optional searches
- Arrange insurance cover for the property.
- Confirm finance approval for your purchase.
- Confirm your satisfaction/dissatisfaction of the pest and building report.
Stage 3: Settlement
- Confirm and advise you of the full settlement amount to be paid.
- Attend the settlement meeting on your behalf or arrange a settlement agent if outside of the Gold Coast area.
- Personally advise you when the property has settled.
- Advise you when the title has been registered and the property is officially in your name
- Officially confirm settlement in writing
- Arrange for keys and any security devices to be delivered to your Agent
You will then be happy to:
- Arrange removals, disconnection and reconnection of utilities and change your address where appropriate.
- Move into your new home!