“Duncan Solicitors look for ways to make legal services more valuable to clients. Duncan Solicitors give clients more than they pay for.”
Duncan Solicitors keep it simple. Here is our Homebuyer’s check list
Stage 1: Prior to contract execution/signing (prior to “exchange” or “unconditional”)
We will :
- Review your Contract on your behalf prior to execution.
- Draft or proof any documents required.
- Be available to provide any advice or guidance required in relation to the contract.
- Offer advice on First Home Owners Grant and apply on your behalf.
- Assist your Real Estate Agent in finalising the contract.
Stage 2: After contract execution and the documents are exchanged or unconditional.
We will :
- Keep you informed of critical event updates when appropriate
- Be available to answer any questions you may have during this time
- Provide you with full details on all aspects of the purchase that you need to be aware of. You will receive a communication of every step along the way.
- Carry out all standard searches for the property.
- Advise you of any additional searches that are appropriate to your property.
- Arrange building and pest inspection reports for your property (optional)
- Pre-settlement inspection of the property (optional)
- Calculate stamp duty and arrange for payment.
- Reconcile pro rata costs such as Council fees.(as per Government requirements)
- Confirm all items included in the sale of the property contract.
- Arrange settlement details with the seller’s Conveyancer/Solicitor
- Advise you of settlement time and location details of settlement once confirmed
You will be required to:
- Read the correspondence that we prepare for you. It is specifically tailored to your contract and will help you understand the process.
- Complete the necessary instructions and other relevant paperwork we send to you and return to our office at your earliest convenience.
- Advise us if you require us to conduct any additional and optional searches
- Arrange insurance cover for the property.
- Confirm finance approval for your purchase.
- Confirm your satisfaction/dissatisfaction of the pest and building report.
Stage 3: Settlement
- Confirm and advise you of the full settlement amount to be paid.
- Attend the settlement meeting on your behalf or arrange a settlement agent if outside of the Gold Coast area.
- Personally advise you when the property has settled.
- Advise you when the title has been registered and the property is officially in your name
- Officially confirm settlement in writing
- Arrange for keys and any security devices to be delivered to your Agent
You will then be happy to:
- Arrange removals, disconnection and reconnection of utilities and change your address where appropriate.
- Move into your new home!